Our next SOLO Piano Series star Lukáš Vondráček joins us for two Eastern Europe-inspired programs featuring composers who were from or influenced by that region: Smetana, Novák, Suk, Chopin, Brahms, Beethoven, and Scriabin.
As his performances on FEB 10 & 11 draw near, we wanted to highlight three key facts about Lukáš: discography released, competitions won, and notable recitals performed to great acclaim.
- Recorded his first commercial album for Octavia Records (2004).
- Recorded his second disc (2012).
- Released his most recent CD on the ORF label with works by Brahms (2013).
- Won the elite International Queen Elisabeth Piano Competition (2016).
- Won first prizes at the Hilton Head and San Marino International Piano Competitions and Unisa International Piano Competition in Pretoria, South Africa.
3. NOTABLE RECITALS
- Gave high-profile recitals in top venues around the world including London’s Wigmore Hall, New York’s Carnegie Hall, Zurich’s Tonhalle, Vienna’s Konzerthaus, Amsterdam’s Concertgebouw, and The Gilmore Festival.