DUO ANI & NIA SULKHANISHVILI
Ani & Nia Sulkhanishvili have played as a piano duo since 2002. At that time they were both studying at the Tiflis Z. Paliashvili Central Music School with Professor Lali Sanikidze. The Duo made its debut at the 2003 "Tiflis International Young Pianists Competition" in Tiflis, Georgia, captivating the attention of the audience throughout with profound sincerity and spontaneous interpretation.
After winning first prize at the 1st Tiflis International Young Pianists Competition, Ani and Nia began their concert activity. Other competition successes as a Duo soon followed, in Athens (2004, 1st Prize), S. Taneev International Chamber Music Competition in Moscow (2005, 2nd Prize), San-Marino International Piano Competition (2008, 1st Prize), Valberg International Piano Duo Competition (2010, 2nd Prize) and International Piano Duo Competition in Bialystok (2011, 2nd Prize).
The Duo “Ani –Nia” holds double Masters degrees from Hochschule für Musik und Theater, Munich, Germany and Tiflis Conservatorium, Tiflis, Georgia.
Ani & Nia Sulkhanishvili refined the ensemble under the influence of their mentors - Duo Yaara Tal & Andreas Groethuysen and Lali Sanikidze.
Since 2012, the duo has lived in Munich and their extensive tours in recent years have taken them to many parts of Georgia, Germany, Switzerland, Poland and Austria, performing both as an ensemble and with orchestras.
MAY 3, 2015
SUN 4 PM
- Sonata in C Major, K. 521 for 4 hands
- Legenden, Op. 59 Nos. 1, 3, 5, 7 for 4 hands
- Paganini Variations for 2 Pianos
- Haydn Variations for 2 Pianos
- Andante and Allegro Brilliante, Op. 92 for 4 hands
- Imaginings No. 3 for 2 Pianos
- Rhapsodie espanole for 2 Pianos
- One Servant Two Masters (aka "Suite for Ani / Nia") A Georgian composer, Mr. Azarashvili composed the piece for the twins and they performed three of the seven movements as their encore.